Public Space - MSP
Main Street Plaza
A main street plaza is a central, open pedestrian space adjacent to a mixed use development that ties together retail, residential, and public space with active paths, restful gathering areas, and natural elements.
Enhance Indentity and Lifestyle
Nature-rich and immersive outdoor experiences that offer an inspiring retreat from daily life can enhance personal identity and lifestyle by sparking interactions with nature and with others.
Elements, Attributes, and User Experience
- A central thoroughfare invites foot traffic, activity, and energy to the plaza, while a much narrower path in front of townhomes is scaled for use by residents.
- A welcoming water feature grounds the entry of the plaza.
- GO OutdoorTables with canopies and Chipman stools provide welcoming, shaded and casual gathering places as well as USB charging for mobile devices.
- Presidio benches create respite spots along path and can also be used as a platform for stretching and body weight exercises.
- Parc Centre tables and Parc Centre chairs adjacent to the water feature provide a casual, acoustically soothing setting for socializing, dining, or working.