Transit - W-U2
Waiting and Queuing - Urban Station
A waiting and queuing area within an urban station is a large sheltered train, light rail, and/or bus depot developed on an urban scale with dining and retail amenities.
Spark Social Interaction
By incorporating furnishing settings that spark social interactions, a more memorable and humanized transit process can be cultivated.
Elements, Attributes, and User Experience
- A bright, active and open station enhances a sense of security while encouraging both interaction and productivity.
- A range of seating and amenities including a coffee shop and deli offer a choice of comfortable spaces in which commuters can work, wait, socialize, eat and drink.
- GO OutdoorTables with canopies and Chipman Stools act as anchor points within the large open space while providing standing and perching options for spontaneous interaction, and power for mobile devices.
- Indoor and outdoor seating/perching areas offer commuters choices while waiting for transit.
- Levit benches paired with Chipman chairs and Chipman tables create flexible spaces for dining, observing, and small social gatherings.
- Lakeside planters serve as a visual boundary between transit entry circulation paths and seating areas while connecting commuters to nature.
- Chipman tables and Chipman chairs provide space for casual dining, conversation, and respite.
- Collect litter receptacles serve as attractive options to conceal and recycle waste.
- Connect rails placed near transit pick-ups and queuing areas offer users informal leaning or perching platforms while waiting.
- Lit Sentinel bollards surrounding the station grounds provide wayfinding landmarks for evening commuters while defining the station boundaries.
- MultipliCITY benches act as attractive, spacious seating on which commuters can relax while waiting for transit.
- Outdoor charging stations adjacent to tables and seating keep commuters connected by providing convenient access to power and USB charging.